Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Four Corners to Florida


Explanation of the title: In 2007 I reached what effectively are the four corners of the U.S.A- Boston (June), Seattle+Vancouver B.C (July), San Diego (October), Florida (December).


So I took what originally was a day trip (turned overnighter) because I wanted to complete travel to the largest cities in each section of the country (NW, NE, SW, SE). Fort Lauderdale has really cool sand on the beach. It was almost 80 degrees and very humid at 6 in the morning (thats right 6am and in December)-- but the winds made it feel refreshing.


The whole place is so tropical teaming with bright verdant foliage and huge trees with sprawling branches and heavy leaf structure. On one street down by coconut grove in Miami the the green plants and trees encompassed the road in an almost surreal way.


I walked through little Havana, the shops along the street along with the pastries and vibrance of the culture reminded of Brazil more than I ever seen in the states.


That area is refreshing and one my favorite places I have ever been. I can't wait to go back

No comments: